Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ice Storm








We have Power!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, how miraculous electricity is. I love it! It was a long 60 hours without electricity but we made it. It came on this afternoon while I was out doing a photo shoot. We spent most of this morning at home but went to our friend's house to take baths and hang out while I did my shoot. She was kind enough to cook us a hot meal and let me use her washer and dryer to do some laundry. Poor Peyton was down to his last pair of underwear. Anyway, for now it is over. We have restored energy and things appear to be in working order.
On Friday, I took the older kids out to play in the ice and snow. I also took the camera along to document what has been called the worst ice storm in New England history. While it wasn't incredible amounts of ice in the yard, it was enough to down power lines and create all kinds of issues. We are glad to have our electricity back and to be on the other side of the sub zero temps, at least for now. Here are some images for your viewing pleasure. It really is quite magnificent.

No comments:

sharna W designs

If you would like to schedule a portrait session or would like information regarding my photography, please email me at sharnaw@hotmail.com. Please put sharnawphotography in the subject line so I know to open it.