Thursday, March 22, 2012

This is ME!

A couple of weeks ago, my dear friend and colleague Mary Bourque (from Mary Bourque Photography) and I went to a meeting in Boston. We of course went down early to get some more recent profile images for our recent joint venture (Simply Two Studios). I really don't think it's fair to expect my customers to go through the posing that I have them do without periodically doing it myself. Yes I feel awkward too....did I just say that???? Yes, I feel awkward too! It's out there, posing for pictures is not a natural thing for everyone, it's just not. But it's a process that can be a lot of fun if you allow it to be. I learned a lot that day both about the process and myself. And I had a good time doing it. Do I wish I were thinner? Absolutely....Do I wish I had younger looking skin? Absolutely.....But despite all this, I am glad I did it. Cause now there is a record of me at 38, with my post winter pasty white skin, my excess 30 pounds I have been trying to lose for dare I say 5 years now, with two things I love in this world - a camera and the water nearby. If you are waiting for something to change before you get some images taken - don't. Just get out there and do it. Record those memories, those moments in time - if not for you....do it for those that love you. Thank you Mary! I love them and will treasure these forever. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Check out some more on my facebook fan page: Sharna W Photography

No comments:

sharna W designs

If you would like to schedule a portrait session or would like information regarding my photography, please email me at sharnaw@hotmail.com. Please put sharnawphotography in the subject line so I know to open it.