Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Maki Family

These guys are in the fight of their lives. And even still, are such a source of strength, courage and inspiration to not only the residents of Claremont but the surrounding communities as well. The dad, Adam has recently been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. And while this aggressive form of cancer is threatening not only his health but the family as they know it, he remains a solid, uplifting person demonstrating the most amazing grace and gratitude I have seen to date. Where does he get it from? I wonder about this every day. How does one person approach life like this when it appears to be letting him down? I just don't know. I have been so blessed to be able to capture their family this week. I got an entire hour and a half with them all to myself. And I got to soak up some of that love they have for each other and witness some of the courage they seem to have oozing out of every pour of their skin. I am just amazed.

I don't really know who reads this blog. There are ways to track the statistics but life is so busy for me that I rarely have time to figure it out or keep an eye on it. I do know that some people read it cause from time to time I run into someone who says they do. So if you're out there, and you feel so inclined to make a donation to help this amazing family cope with some of the financial stress of this situation, I am leaving the official "fund" information below. And please know that they are incredibly grateful for your gift, as am I. You may send donations to:
The Adam Maki Family Fund
Claremont Savings Bank
PO Box 1600
Claremont, NH 03743

If money is not something you can send right now, please pray and send some positive thoughts their way. Every little bit helps. And they feel it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Before moving to NH, I really didn't get why they referred to it as New England - well on this particular day I figured it out - at least this is my impression of it. And I must say it's because of this scenery. This is what I picture when I think of England. I have no idea if it's true, but this is what comes to mind for me - we just needed some sheep!

Photobucket

Two of the family's favorite things to do together have been hula hooping and bike riding.
Photobucket

Not only did they start an anual bike race through Moody park, they helped carve out trails throughout the park for hikers and cross country runners. Told you they were incredible didn't I?
Photobucket

So please pray and then pray some more.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Thank you for sharing,Sharna. Beautiful pictures, beautiful family and beautifully said. There are people praying for Adam and the family from here to NC, FL and NY.
I had the great good fortune to have both Andrew and Julia in my classes at Maple - incredible kids.
Blessings.

Allison said...

Sharna,
I can feel the relationship this family has from these images, and their strength, and their joy. Love really is greater than fear and they have reminded me of that this morning.

Awesome work!!

sharna W designs

If you would like to schedule a portrait session or would like information regarding my photography, please email me at sharnaw@hotmail.com. Please put sharnawphotography in the subject line so I know to open it.