Sunday, January 3, 2010

Long Time Coming

First up - I want to wish all my blog followers a Happy Belated Christmas and New Year and thank you all for your following during the past year. It's been a great ride!

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted a session. It was a busy but lovely holiday season for my family. I have been busy with......life. Nothing overwhelming in any particular category, just busy with three kids. Chris was home for the break which made things extra special, and so much easier. But busier. But fun. Especially since he just completed a 2 week stint on the road recruiting. So with all this going on I felt the need to do something special.

I can pretty much shoot my kids whenever I feel up to the task. And I love to do it. But it's a rare occasion that both Chris and I can actually coordinate things for both of us to be in the images together. This year I intend to change that. I have networked with two great photographers here in town and have arranged to swap sessions whenever we need them, or have a desire to do them. I am so excited. Not only to have the professional contact but to also document not only my children growing up but us growing older together. We had a very small wedding back in 1995 and although we had a great photographer, I didn't really know too much about what I wanted in terms of images. So this break, I wanted for us to get some images that basically represent us and our love for each other. And although I now have way more crease lines in my face, and I'm certainly carrying way more weight than I want to document, I feel it is now more than ever that I want to capture us together. So I got together with Beth from Beth Rexford Photography in Newport and developed a session just for us......if we got one family image that I loved then I was happy but this was mainly just for the two of us. And turns out I got both. So these images were taken by Beth (who is outstanding!) and I did the editing and post processing. I am so thrilled and so grateful. So here goes......starting with my favorite family image ever!!!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

sharna W designs

If you would like to schedule a portrait session or would like information regarding my photography, please email me at sharnaw@hotmail.com. Please put sharnawphotography in the subject line so I know to open it.