Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Kiddos

I first started this blog a few years ago primarily to document the growth of my kids. Recently it's taken on a different focus as a way to share the memories of the families I work with. Families that choose to have me capture them on a certain day of their lives. And I must say that it's a privilege like no other. I still manage to shoot my own kids, although it is more like torture than the pleasure I get from shooting your families. I have to work 10 times harder to get anything remotely decent from my kiddos. It's just not a pretty scene. But I do it, and I continue to ask myself why every time. But it is what it is - I value the images I do get so much that I would not want to quit. They are only this small for a few years. These were taken on Mother's Day this year. Before the onslaught of black flies here in NH and I must admit, I am glad I beat them to it this year. I couldn't imagine my kids trying to do this for me and dealing with the black flies as well. That would just not be worth it.

Photobucket

No comments:

sharna W designs

If you would like to schedule a portrait session or would like information regarding my photography, please email me at sharnaw@hotmail.com. Please put sharnawphotography in the subject line so I know to open it.